Our Client’s mission is to become the UK’s biggest and best dental manufacturing laboratory group, growing in size and reputation every year and transforming the industry through the integration of progressive businesses, advanced technologies, and skilled people.
The Group is private equity backed and now looking to appoint a transformational CEO to drive the Group’s vision and deliver against business objectives. Reporting directly to the Investors, the CEO will take full ownership of the company to ensure the financial vision, mission and long-term goals are achieved. The CEO will provide inspirational leadership to the company and have overall day to day responsibility for delivering the growth programme, implementing the commercial strategy, building the team and infrastructure and achieving a high value exit within five years.
This position demands an inspirational leader, someone who has real presence and commands a room. The individual will have a track record which speaks to his or her ability to scale businesses successfully, empower and empathise with business owners as they transition into a Group function, invest in the latest manufacturing technologies to automate production and build systems to support fully digital workflows, and embrace challenges around product diversity and market segmentation.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To deliver the company’s growth programme and ultimately the exit achieving a minimum 5X return for investors.
- To develop and execute the short-, medium- and long-term business strategy encompassing both M&A and delivering accelerated organic growth.
- To agree annual budgets in line with the long-term growth strategy and to ensure that the relevant commercial plan/strategy is in place to guarantee these numbers are achieved.
- To review the sales and profit performance monthly for each subsidiary and division and ensure that plans are in place to exceed the targets or address any shortfalls.
- To take leadership of the business as the recognised face of the company and to build relationships at the highest levels with the UK and international dental marketplace, including with major suppliers and customer groups, competitors, and other industry bodies.
- To identify and assess suitable acquisition targets, negotiate terms with these targets, successfully complete acquisitions at appropriate valuations and then integrate into the Group
- To manage the capital investment programme to build world leading automated dental manufacturing capabilities using the latest digital technologies to achieve new levels of efficiency and quality.
- To build the company’s brands and create best in class sales and marketing capabilities to support accelerated organic growth of the business including identifying and exploiting new products, services, and technologies.
- To build the leadership team and put in place succession planning to support future growth of individuals and the company. To build and embed the company’s culture and values.
- To ensure that standards of performance are clearly explained and to appraise the team against these standards including regular performance reviews, coaching and mentoring. To contribute to the professional development of the team by implementing learning and development opportunities.
- To ensure appropriate policies, procedures, systems and controls are in place to ensure manufacturing consistency, minimise risk, ensure health & safety and regulatory requirements are met.
- To continuously monitor, report on and improve the company’s ESG activities and focus.
- Will have had responsibility for successfully building a high growth business through the integration of multiple acquisitions and achieved a successful exit.
- Successful track record of managing a substantial P&L and driving the numbers within a highly complex, multi-site business.
- Will have experience of B2B businesses, manufacturing processes and the healthcare sector. Dental sector experience and knowledge will be an advantage but not essential.
- A track record of decisively managing business issues against challenging timescales and successfully delivering against business plans and financial targets.
- The ability to look at the bigger picture in terms of strategy and implementing actions in the interest of maximising the value of the business.
- A track record in leading development and execution of growth strategies, encompassing the expansion of existing revenue streams and creation of new business relationships.
- The ability to challenge conventional thinking; must have demonstrable experience of either step-changing mature propositions or introduction of new concepts and working practices.
- Target driven and results focused individual, with a strong analytical approach.
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting.
- Experience of successfully executing M&A transactions
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment with high levels of autonomy.
- A strong leader who excels at building high performing, motivated teams, building a high-performance culture and maintaining positive and productive working relationships.
For full profile and/or a confidential conversation please contact Sophie Randles, Director at Livingston James on [email protected]