Founded in 1973, The Scottish Football Association (Scottish FA) is the governing body of football in Scotland. To support its aim to promote, foster and develop football for all in Scotland we are looking to recruit into the business critical role of Chief Governance Officer.
Reporting to the Chief Executive you will lead, direct and control the legal, football governance and regulatory operations of the Scottish FA. Undertaking the role of General Counsel, the Chief Governance Officer will provide high quality advice to the Chief Executive and Board on all legal, football governance, regulatory or other matters at a strategic and operational level whilst also developing and maintaining effective relationships with a range of external stakeholders, including the Scottish FA’s diverse membership. As a member of the Senior Management Team and Operational Board the new Chief Governance Officer will directly contribute to the strategic direction of the Scottish FA and also oversee the implementation the Scottish FA’s strategic aim of fostering a culture of inclusivity, safety and wellbeing across all areas of the organisation and throughout the membership.
A Qualified Solicitor, and ideally a member of the Chartered Governance Institute, you will be a proactive, solutions focused and visionary leader with relevant experience of leading a high performing team or business function to deliver against key strategic priorities. As an accomplished communicator, you will have instant credibility when engaging with both internal and external stakeholders.
In addition the successful candidate will also bring:
- A wide range of UK compliance, governance and transaction related knowledge
- Sound and proven experience in a previous senior corporate governance role
- The ability to manage legal risk and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations
- Excellent analytical skills with the intellectual ability to assess complex legal, policy and procedural documents and issues, and make recommendations for action
- The ability to deal with conflicting demands whilst ensuring that a high-quality service is provided and that deadlines are met
- Proven experience with strategic planning, project management and organisational reporting
It is an exciting time to be joining the Scottish FA with a new strategic plan launching shortly that will ensure, through the power of football, we continue to inspire the nation. If you are excited by the opportunity, please visit www.ljg-jobs.com/scottishfa to learn more.
The Scottish FA is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.