Livingston James’ client is steeped in legacy and exceptional reputation, with its origins dating back to the late 19th century. Today the firm’s ideology remains the same and is firmly based on providing high quality, personable service to its clients. Our client currently has six Partners, four based in London and two in Glasgow, managing a diverse portfolio of clients with many relationships stretching back decades. Their commitment to placing clients at the centre of everything they do has resulted in several wealthy and prominent families trusting the firm through the generations, with many now on the third generation of family. This focus on confidentially, trust and excellence has been a key factor in the stability and growth of the firm.
Our client’s strong network of satisfied clients is testimony to the quality of the business that already exists in the UK. The Senior Leadership have renewed their focus on growth and a core element of this strategy is increasing presence in Scotland whilst, managing the retirement of one their Senior Partners.
They now wish to appoint a Tax Partner in Glasgow to play a key role in taking the firm to the next level and beyond in Scotland. Their reputation for delivering a discreet high calibre service, together with the energy and commitment of the Scottish team and backed by an established London team provides an excellent platform to further nurture and grow the business in Scotland.
The incoming Partner will be expected to deliver to the following competencies listed below.
- Client focus
- Planning and delivering results
- Effective decision making
- Developing self and others
- Collaborative team working
- Communication and influence
- Organisational awareness
- Innovation and continuous improvement
- Achieving commercial outcomes
Preferred Candidate Background:
The successful candidate will represent the professionalism and quality of the brand at all times. A business winner with a demonstrable track record of engaging new clients and building relationships, they will have a strong desire to grow their personal portfolio and to cross sell their colleagues; at all times looking for appropriate opportunity for the firm to help their clients achieve their goals through the provision of appropriate advice.
Candidates should also portray the following experience, skills and qualities:
- Existing Partner/Director within a reputable firm
- Demonstrable track record of success with regular, timely career progression
- Technically competent, ensuring credibility in the local market
- Strong commercial acumen with appropriate gravitas and professionalism to influence at board level
- Track record and clear ability to develop business relationships and win new clients
- Of appropriate experience level to be able to help lead the partnership well into the future
- Ambitious and driven, looking for opportunity to take the lead
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity please contact Sophie Randles, Director of Livingston James on [email protected] or 07432 480922.