Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient.
Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
Howden is now looking for a new Vice President for Global Quality who will be expected to transform the quality organization of Howden and take it to the next level by working on leadership, standards, processes and execution (in cooperation with the COO and the Howden leadership team).
The impact of this role will be measured by the following:
- Successfully lead improvement initiatives to reduce Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Define robust and consistent quality standards across all sites globally
- Establish and implement strong processes of review to manage quality performance
- Drive activity to improve results with practical approach and hands on involvement
- Lead by example and create engagement to impact the culture and long-term results
- Be seen as a role model and positive influencer at all levels across the Global Products Group
Potential candidates should be able to demonstrate a proven track record as global quality leader of a multi-site organization. Solid experience in the manufacturing & machinery industry is essential alongside experience of working for an international business and working knowledge of quality systems (QA-QC) including non-conformance processes.
The ideal candidate will also have the following personal characteristics:
- Demonstrate positive behaviours to lead by example
- Empower both team members and other associates in taking and implementing decisions
- Take difficult and unpopular decisions to protect customers and product standards
- Highlight and address non-conformances in a manner which encourages positive team work
- Sensitive and diplomatic to the culture/operating environment when communicating
- Able to confidently challenge and influence across the business to deliver best business solutions
- Deliver practical and workable solutions that can be understood and robustly implemented
For further information please see the full position profile below. If you would be interested in a confidential discussion, please get in touch with Lead Consultant, Sophie Randles – Director at Livingston James on E: [email protected].
Howden is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.