We are working with a Property and Asset Management firm here in Scotland to appoint their Chief Operating Officer (COO). Our client is a listed business with 1 billion under management and focuses primarily on retail, commercial office, industrial and student housing projects.
The successful professional will have full accountability for running our client’s Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and will be responsible for leading and empowering a team of c65 people. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in further evolving the current business plan to support the wider firm’s vision and goals.
Our client’s investment objectives are investing in, actively managing and disposing of regional property assets. The REIT aims to deliver an attractive total return to its shareholders, targeting 10%+ pa with a strong focus on income and good capital growth prospects.
This role comes to market at a time when the current COO will be stepping into other areas of the group, offering a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and commercial leader to take responsibility for driving the business forward and sure up succession planning for the long term.
The COO will be expected to positively impact the business by:
- Ensuring the delivery of a strategy for sustainable growth
- Developing and nurturing relationships within the Board and senior leadership team
- Working closely with the CEO to manage key stakeholder relationships including with shareholders and the city
- Playing a key part in the preparation and delivery of analyst presentations
- Continuing to expand, empower and develop a high-performing team
- Actively contributing to the process of seeking further commercial opportunities to develop income streams/service provision for office tenants
- Evolving the robust operations, systems and processes already in place
- In time, taking a wider role within the business beyond the core REIT remit
As the leadership team are well-established and many have been with the business for a substantial amount of time, cultural fit, integrity and a positive approach to a wide range of responsibilities are all paramount to ensure success.
Essential Experience & Knowledge
- A commercially minded individual who possesses a proactive approach to commercial and operational management
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and a thorough understanding of operating within the property/asset management industry
- A track record of decisively managing business issues against challenging timescales and successfully delivering against business plans and financial targets
- The ability to look at the bigger picture in terms of strategy, and implementing actions in the interest of maximising the value of the business
- A track record in leading development and execution of growth strategies, encompassing the expansion of existing revenue streams and creation of new business relationships
For further information on this opportunity, the culture of the firm and to review the full position profile please contact Sophie Randles at [email protected].com