“Facilitating and leading future transformation”
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) is the national skills agency. Their ambition is that skills contribute to a thriving, productive and inclusive Scotland. Through the sharing of expertise, intelligence, and extensive partnership working, they enable the development and delivery of innovative solutions to Scotland’s skills and labour market challenges, which is even more important given the current economic climate and recessionary outlook which forecast turbulent times ahead.
SDS has a central role to play in meeting the Scottish Government’s National Strategy for Economic Transformation’s ambition to develop one of the most productive, inclusive and sustainable economies in the world. The new Senior Director – Enabling Services will bring a collaborative approach to leading a proactive and future-focused range of corporate functions through a period of transformation that will maximise the value that can be delivered by the organisation.
Ensuring every function within the directorate adds value and is viewed as an “enabler”, the new Senior Director – Enabling Services will drive business excellence and be responsible for:
- Leading and facilitating transformational change to enhance organisational effectiveness
- Leading the development and implementation of strategies to drive robust strategic financial and resource planning and strong corporate and financial governance & reporting
- Maintaining and growing SDS’ reputation in “Making Skills work for Scotland” and as an exemplar of organisational effectiveness, innovation, and digital transformation
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with relevant Scottish Government Officials
- Transforming our use of data analytics and insights, adopting a more strategic approach to information management
- Working with the Director of HR to build SDS’ culture and capability, aligned with strategic ambitions for an inclusive culture of everyday leadership
The role requires a qualified accountant accustomed to delivering superior results in a demanding, fast-paced environment. They will have significant senior management experience reporting at Board-level and a strong understanding of corporate and financial planning, reporting and governance. An inspiring and engaging leader, with a proven track record in leading and managing multi-functional teams, the successful candidate with have direct experience of leading and facilitating organisational or service transformation and the ability to leverage strong partnership working while developing/maintaining a range of productive relationships.
If you are up for a challenge and you share SDS’s values and ambitious vision to enable many more people & businesses to realise their full potential in the face of enormous change, then we would love to hear from you.
For more information on this exciting role please contact Douglas Adam at [email protected].
NB: SDS embraces agile working, therefore, location is flexible. However, there will be a requirement for regular travel to Glasgow. SDS are in the pilot phase of a hybrid working approach and currently expect colleagues to be in an SDS office 2 days per week, with the remainder of time at home or at another SDS recognised workplace. With the senior nature of this role, at certain times there will be a requirement for more regular attendance at in-person meetings in our main offices in central Glasgow.
Skills Development Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.