Headquartered in Scotland with investment from overseas sources, Emtelle is a British manufacturing success story that has consistently sat at the cutting edge of manufacturing innovation and excellence. The business has a strong growth profile with 2022 global revenues at c€425m. Emtelle is known globally as an innovator and outlier in an industry where commoditisation is a reality for most manufacturers. They were the first business to refine blown fibre optic tubing and have continued to innovate in line with the digital tidal wave that demands ever-increasing infrastructure capability.
Due to Emtelle’s fast-paced growth across the globe, and with high annual expenditure, a need has arisen for a more centralised strategic approach to all purchasing/procurement activities. As one of a team of three Category Managers, you will be responsible for the management of the group’s indirect material or ancillaries spend as well as the development and execution of a long-term supply strategy aligned with the business’ goals and objectives.
Each Category Manager will be responsible for taking ownership of their category, identifying areas for improvement as well as new and alternate sources of supply as necessary to support new product development, cost reduction requirements, and supplier performance issues.
- Adopt a strategic approach and perspective in order to rationalise and consolidate suppliers across the group
- Develop benchmarking activities in: Low-Cost Country Sourcing, Direct Material spend, Supplier Tier 1 to Tier 3 leverage and consolidation opportunities, identifying market trends and supply trends
- Develop and execute long-term supply strategy deployment, supplier cost modelling, supplier opportunity assessments, supplier financial analysis, negotiations, long-term contract establishment, continuous supplier performance improvement, and supplier relationship development
- Negotiate the best-in-class price, payment terms, quality levels, and delivery terms for purchased products in compliance with corporate objectives
- Coordinate and support on-site supplier assessment/certification audits and continuous improvement activities that drive down total cost and increase total supplier quality
Technical Experience & Qualifications:
- A positive, proactive individual who takes ownership of their role and team, with the drive and ambition to progress both themselves and Emtelle
- A demonstrable track record of strategic procurement experience
- Strong evidence and experience working with suppliers located in low-cost countries
- A strong working knowledge of world-class sourcing techniques that are innovative is required to enable the business to implement a best-in-class procurement function
- A manufacturing background would be advantageous but candidates who can demonstrate strategic sourcing in other industries will be considered
- CIPS qualified or equivalent (those with relevant experience who do not have the CIPS qualification will also be considered)
- Experience having worked in a global organisation would be advantageous but is not a prerequisite
- Previous experience in identifying areas for improvement, and driving those forward, in past roles/organisations
A competitive salary and attractive benefits package is available to the successful individual and will be commensurate with the background and experience required for the role.
To find out more about this role, please see below position profile or contact Harry Thomson at [email protected].
Emtelle is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.