*Please note this opportunity is now closed to further applications. Should you be interested in similar roles and wish to have an exploratory discussion, please contact Sophie Randles at [email protected].
*Note: The role will be based in Bute Energy’s office in Cardiff and will require infrequent travel to the Edinburgh office as required.
Bute Energy is a developer of large-scale onshore renewable energy projects in the UK, with a development pipeline in excess of 2GW of generating capacity in Wales currently. Recently backed by Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners, who have an exceptional track record of investing in large and complex energy infrastructure projects globally, Bute Energy looks to accelerate the development of their portfolio and bring significant supply chain and economic benefits to Wales and the wider UK in time.
With the first planning applications being readied for submission in 2022, Bute is growing its existing team to drive the business through the next stages of consenting and delivery.
The business is now looking to appoint a HR & Operations Business Partner.
The HR Business Partner will act as a business partner to the Directors, supporting with daily operations and strategic initiatives. The role will require an individual adept in defining, developing and implementing HR strategy, policies, practices and procedures to support the business’ strategic objectives. The team includes a mixture of highly skilled professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds (energy utilities to start-ups), with challenging roles who require the appropriate management and support by the HR function.
- To provide strategic HR guidance, planning, leadership, and management.
- Scope and implement HR projects, procedures and guidelines that align to the strategic goals of the business.
- Influence and build relationships with people around the business across all functions, particularly operations/general management.
- Build a strong corporate culture and establishment of best practice/code of conduct policies.
- To be the contact point for employment activity and advice across the business.
- Manage employee relations casework including any dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances and absence.
- To support the recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Use HR data and metrics to shape HR interventions and support business KPIs.
- Creation of robust people practices such as restructures, retention strategies and succession planning.
- Responsible for preparing contracts, training agreements, and other such documents.
- Generate and process all onboarding and offboarding paperwork including offer letters, contracts, and termination letters.
- Establishment and implementation of a sustainable training and development plan, with attention placed on ensuring regular flow of future talent.
- Manage employer issues such as grievances, performance management, and disciplinaries in a timely manner ensuring legal compliance.
- Manage cyclical HR activities such as annual salary review, bonus programmes and benchmarking.
- Establishing policies that promote the company’s culture and vision.
- Increased commitment to D&I initiatives across all functions/areas of the business.
- Overseeing all back-office activities excluding Finance: such as IT, office use and occupation.
- Manage the administration team across both the Cardiff and Edinburgh office.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Qualified to graduate level ideally with CIPD Level 5 vocational qualification.
- Experience dealing with complex HR issues and can apply existing extensive HR and business knowledge to lead and manage issues.
- Experience in all aspects of HR but have gained an appreciation of when external functional expertise may be required on either an interim or ad-hoc project basis.
- Delivered key strategic HR projects in line with business goals and objectives.
- Experience of developing internal engagement approaches.
- Experience overseeing daily business operations.
For further information on their role please contact our retained advisor, Sophie Randles of Livingston James, for further information – [email protected].
Bute Energy is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.