Livingston James’ client is a leading, investment backed UK Energy Developer. The business boasts numerous large-scale Energy Park projects in Wales, now constituting the largest onshore renewables development portfolio in the UK. These Energy Parks will combine the latest technology for onshore wind and solar generation to provide some of the lowest Levelised Cost of Energy in the UK.
With the assembly of the portfolio now largely complete and the first planning applications being readied for submission in early 2022, an experienced team is now required to lead the business through the next stages of consenting and delivery.
Livingston James has previously supported in the successful attraction and appointment of a highly experienced executive team with a Development Director, Grid Director and Managing Director, all coming from large-cap pan-European energy/utilities businesses. The business has also brought in a highly experienced non-Executive board of recognizable industry names.
The business is due to complete a significant capital raise and is now looking to appoint a Finance Director as the Investment Principals rotate back into the investment platform.
Job Title: Finance Director
Reports to: Managing Director
The Finance Director will be a member of the senior management team and board. The Finance Director will lead on all aspects of financial management and will also have responsibility for the back office functions of the business such as HR and IT. This is an enormously exciting opportunity to join a high growth business and play a key role in its continued success.
- Financial leadership of the business with responsibility for the accounting function and reporting, tax planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- The provision of robust and meaningful financial information to the Managing Director and the Board via high-quality board packs that include relevant and useful analysis to drive strategic decision making.
- Supporting the Managing Director on all corporate finance and structuring activity.
- Supporting the Managing Director in the financial analysis of strategic decision-making in the business and helping to drive value creation in this process.
- Working closely with the Managing Director and Development team to ensure that project cashflow underwriting and financial budgeting is accurate.
- Working closely with the Managing Director and Development team to ensure that the business is achieving best value in its expenditure and tendering.
- Ensure that company financial systems and controls are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant accounting standards, regulatory requirements and company accounting policies, procedures, and standards.
- Management of corporation tax, payroll, VAT, R&D claims, etc. in conjunction with external advisors.
- Company Secretarial role, with responsibility for maintaining the Company’s books and Companies House returns.
- Management of the ‘back office’ function of the business, including insurance, IT, facilities, and HR.
The above responsibilities are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the incumbent may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate alternative or additional duties as may be required, which are within their capability and competence.
The Preferred Profile
- An experienced and appropriately qualified finance professional with a proven track record of success within a similar role.
- Experience in working with a Board, building their confidence in the reporting, financial models, and processes/controls.
- Track record of establishing finance functions from scratch, providing structure and validation around systems, processes, controls, audit & compliance and reporting.
- Thorough understanding of working capital/cashflow.
- Experience in playing a lead role in increasing competitiveness by constantly challenging business performance assumptions/norms.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to drive the business forward and to embrace change, efficiencies, and new innovations.
- Extremely strong commercial acumen with the skills to input positively into commercial contracts and negotiations.
- Proven leadership skills: able to function well within an entrepreneurial team environment whilst at the same time fostering a team culture.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
- Intellectually curious with a broad business skillset.
- Resilient: remains calm and effective under pressure.
- A proactive self-starter.
- Someone who is passionate, determined and will take accountability
For further information and access to the full position profile please contact Sophie Randles – Director at Livingston James on E: [email protected].
Livingston James is an equal opportunities advocate and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.