As the global professional body for Chartered Accountants, ICAS’ purpose is “inspiring trust and excellence in business and the finance profession”, focusing attention on our strategic intent “to learn, grow and advance together”.
With strong ambitions for growth and to deliver against its vision to be recognised and respected as a trusted leader in the finance and accountancy profession, ICAS is looking to recruit into the business-critical role of Chief Finance Officer.
Leading, developing and shaping the function to ensure at its heart, ICAS has a world class finance function, you will directly contribute to the strategic decision-making process through the presentation of meaningful management information (both financial and non-financial) to the Executive Team, Board and Council. Acting as a strategic partner to the Chief Executive you will make recommendations for growth, underpinned by robust financial modelling activities; provide relevant commercial and financial support and challenge to the CEO and Executive colleagues in the delivery of ICAS’ objectives; and develop ICAS’ thinking on its future business model, developing strategic partnerships and assessing return on investment.
As the Executive Lead for ICAS’ approach to sustainability, you will work closely with the CEO and wider sustainability panel to develop and embed a net-zero strategy across the organisation. Monitoring and reporting progress as appropriate, you will also ensure ICAS continues to play an active voice in decarbonising the Scottish economy.
A qualified Chartered Accountant, or equivalent, you will be an inspiring, commercial and solutions-focused leader with extensive strategic finance experience and a proven track record of achievement at board or executive level. An accomplished communicator, you will also be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. You should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- A track record of demonstrable leadership and management including direct experience of building capacity and developing and leading a finance function
- Direct involvement in the robust assessment and evaluation of business cases, including the rigorous challenge of the ROI on strategic spend
- Direct involvement in driving change initiatives from inception through to conclusion
- Previous experience of continuous improvement and developing and maintaining robust financial controls, systems, and procedures
- Exceptional presentation and reporting skills at Board level coupled with the ability to deliver relevant reports and analysis succinctly and clearly
- Relevant experience of effectively partnering with the business in the achievement of its wider corporate objectives
ICAS is currently reviewing working arrangements which include agile working and whilst this post is based in Edinburgh, it is envisaged that the successful candidate would not necessarily need to be in the office on a full-time basis.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Douglas Adam at Livingston James, our retained recruitment partner via [email protected].
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th January.
ICAS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.