Since 1992, Young Enterprise Scotland has inspired young people to learn and succeed through enterprise by creating and developing programmes that complement the school and college experience and encourage young people to realise the extent of their own talents.
Every person employed by, or supporting this organisation has a deep passion for educating and improving the lives of young people across Scotland. This is especially so for those from challenging socio-economic backgrounds and those with additional needs. We have these at the heart of what we do.
The Chairperson is a key leadership role within Young Enterprise Scotland, responsible for providing strategic leadership, ensuring effective Board governance, fostering stakeholder relationships and promoting the organisation’s interests. As our new Chair, you will lead the Board, drive collaboration, ensure the organisation is clear on its strategic direction and operates in alignment with its mission and values. You will offer guidance, expertise and support on key matters of strategy, operational management, organisational structure, financial affairs, and risk management.
With a strong commitment to our mission and the ability to lead embracing integrity, enthusiasm, creativity and collaboration, the successful candidate will bring:
- A proven track record of successful leadership, preferably at a senior executive level
- The ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team, drive innovation, and make informed decisions that align with an organisation’s objectives
- A sound understanding of governance principles
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building abilities and comfortable in an ambassadorial role
- The ability to constructively challenge fellow trustees and the senior leadership team ensuring they work collectively in the best interests of the organisation
- Both a willingness and availability to work with the Chief Executive, providing support and constructive challenge with discretion, including out with the formal meeting schedule if appropriate
As Chair of the Board, you can be part of something special with Bill Mcdonald the current chair commenting that “this role is, without exception, the most rewarding of my 40+ year career”.
For more information, please review the full role profile below or contact Douglas Adam at Livingston James, our retained recruitment partner, via [email protected]
Young Enterprise Scotland believe that, in the long term, having a diverse and inclusive board makes for better discussion, better decision making and better organisational impact. It also better reflects the people, businesses, and communities that we support. We encourage applications from those typically under-represented on boards and from those who feel that they can bring additional and alternative experiences and perspectives. We will do all that we can to support the full participation of all board members, whatever their characteristics.