*Please note this opportunity is now closed to further applications. Should you be interested in similar roles and wish to have an exploratory discussion, please contact Sophie Randles at [email protected].
Livingston James is retained by a Private Equity backed business to recruit a Commercial Director. This is a newly created position which was borne out of the company’s aspiration for expansion, and by driving company sales there will be opportunity to help shape the future ownership of the firm. The successful candidate will be networked and knowledgeable in the building and construction sector and have genuine appetite to drive sales both within the UK & internationally.
Through excellent commercial and leadership skills the role will be responsible for developing a sales strategy and then driving the tactical execution, providing commercial direction to the business across the UK and globally. The focus will be on driving performance against the key metrics – revenue, increased footprint, market share and profitability.
The headlines include:
- To construct and implement a strategic plan for achieving sales growth across all sectors
- To maintain and increase the profitability of all business in line with corporate goals and objectives
- Drive a focus on leading business development and implementing strategies for sector growth, product/solutions innovation, and increasing market share
- To liaise with other functional Directors (Engineering, NPD etc) to drive alignment with sales strategy, effective communication and teamwork
It will drive the development of key customer relationships, helping the organisation build a better knowledge of the relevant procurement cycles, and exactly how to pitch products in a timely and effective manner.
Reporting directly to the Executive Chairman, the post holder will lead the commercial teams, internally and externally, developing their capabilities and ensuring they work in a coordinated and effective manner.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Develop and Deliver Commercial Business Plan
- Preparation of sales strategy, budgets and targets
- Develop and present annual sales strategies/plans
- Ensure execution of strategy to achieve targets
- Set detailed and challenging sales and profit targets
- Drive the client facing teams to ensure effective support to customers to increase revenue, and market share
- Maintain strong knowledge of competitor activity, particularly in new product and service developments, reporting comparable performance to the board
- Review on-going business on quarterly, monthly and weekly basis. Establish recovery plans where actuals are down against expected.
- Maintain on-going review and revision of business goals and objectives in response to trading conditions
- Drive new client solutions implementation in a timely and effective way
- Liaise with global colleague network to ensure the client facing teams provide effective customer support, increase revenue and improve market share
- Evaluation of new opportunities, markets and proposed solutions
- The role must manage service level agreements, contractual relationships, quarterly business reviews and rate structures with the strategic partners
- Lead customer representation for new account development
- Regularly interact with executives internally and externally on issues related to business /account management
- Proactive opportunity development through newly developed sales channels and ownership of opportunity funnel
- Develop a deep understanding of customer key performance indictors across all programs and sites
- Build a constructive relationship with customer quality and operations teams and be viewed as credible and capable partner in presenting the firm’s solution
Drive high levels of Employee Engagement
- Ensure the on-going development of all personnel through effective training plans to establish a suitable succession plan
- Create an approach to employee engagement that is sensitive to the business cultures that exists in various locations and countries, looking after the best interests of the full employee population with regards personal development and generating outstanding levels of commitment and performance
- Develop a structure for effective internal communications, including daily, weekly, monthly meetings and reporting as required
- Communicate strategy and activities regularly to the team and extended corporate support network
The role is all encompassing, and it is not possible to outline every accountability. The appointed candidate must be prepared to work in a dynamic environment with a “can do” approach to any challenge presented.
Livingston James is an equal opportunities advocate and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.