*Please note this opportunity is now closed to further applications. Should you be interested in similar roles and wish to have an exploratory discussion, please contact Douglas Adam at [email protected].
Ypeople is a charity which helps to create a positive change in people’s lives. Our work focuses on preventing homelessness for children, adults and families who are going through tough times and are living with the effects of poverty, addiction, or broken relationships. Focusing on a person’s strengths and providing tailored support, we run safe and secure housing services and specialised mentoring and counselling.
Established in 1824, we have a long-standing history of supporting people within local communities. Fast forward to today, and we’ve grown significantly, supporting more than 4,100 people last year to feel happier, more confident, and ready to take the next step in their life. We are continuing to grow and evolve to meet the needs of those we serve. And are now embarking on an exciting new chapter with the launch of an ambitious new five-year strategy and brand development project.
Key priorities of the role include:
- Contributing to the development and delivery of the new organisational strategy
- Ensuring Ypeople, its vision, mission, values and programmes are consistently presented with a strong positive image to relevant stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Developing and implementing appropriate financial strategies to ensure Ypeople’s financial stability and long-term viability
- Directly contributing at a strategic level to the capacity building, organisational development, resilience, sustainability and impact of the organisation
- The development and implementation of new financial reporting and forecasting models to aid both the strategic planning and decision making processes
- Taking direct ownership for the successful development and oversee delivery of key strategic initiatives
- Ensuring the effective management of key governance areas, including contracts, partnerships and investments, business cases, options appraisals and tax.
A Qualified Accountant, you will be a highly visible and collegiate leader and continuous promoter of Ypeople values with a proven track record in financial management, strategic planning and supporting non-financial operational managers within a commercial, public or voluntary organisation. With relevant experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams, it is imperative you also bring direct involvement in contributing to both the strategic and operational planning and decision-making processes.
You will be entrepreneurial in your approach to delivering an excellent, customer focused service, both internally and externally, through our teams and as an accomplished communicator the successful candidate will also have instant credibility when engaging with both internal and external stakeholders.
NB: As an organization, Ypeople embrace agile working and whilst their main support office is in Glasgow, there is not a requirement that the successful candidate would need to be based full time in Glasgow.
For further information and full position profile please see below or get in touch with our retained advisor, Douglas Adam – Director at Livingston James on [email protected].
Ypeople is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity
All third party introductions will be forwarded to Livingston James.