*Please note this opportunity is now closed to further applications. Should you be interested in similar roles and wish to have an exploratory discussion, please contact Sophie Randles at [email protected].
Livingston James’ client is one of Scotland’s leading independent commercial law firms with over 150 years of experience in the legal sector. The firm maintains strong links within the Scottish economy, working with large private and public companies, small and medium-sized enterprises, entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses, banks and financial services institutions, public sector bodies, charities, and all levels of government.
Last year was a very successful year for their Construction team with achievements including winning a place on the Jacobs legal panel, winning new work from Dragados UK and John Wood Group and new high-profile instructions from NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde in relation to the Queen Elizabeth hospital.
Our client is now looking to appoint a non-contentious senior lawyer into their award-winning Construction team in Glasgow. This appointment is a result of continued success and growth across that specialism and a commitment by the firm to strengthen its senior team as it moves into the future.
The firm has created an incredibly collaborative environment whereby everyone has a “voice”. Leaders are encouraged to be dynamic and entrepreneurial in style, be creative with new innovations, and to drive excellence in the market.
The incoming Aspirant Partner / Partner will be expected to deliver to the following competencies listed below.
- Contribution to the firm’s development
- Delivering outstanding technical results
- Creation/review of the vision for the service line
- Establishing stability across the Non-contentious Construction team
- Developing and growing a team
- Creation and delivery of a business plan and targets
- Ability to cultivate a strong network of referral sources, converting leads and relationships into fee income
- Coordinate/engage third party networks to the firm’s advantage
- Innovation and development to ensure exceptional service delivery
- Strong communication and delivery to act as external spokesperson/generating PR and comment on issues relevant to raising the profile of the firm
Preferred Candidate Background:
As a key, market facing role, the successful candidate will always represent the professionalism and quality of the firm’s brand. Whilst greater attention will be placed on the selected professionals’ technical expertise and commitment to quality service, they too must be able to demonstrate a track record of engaging with senior stakeholders, the willingness to grow their personal portfolio and to commercialise relationships. This professional must always be looking for opportunities for the firm to help their clients achieve their goals through the provision of appropriate advice.
- Non-contentious construction law expertise with a minimum of 7 years PQE gained within a leading regional or city firm
- Senior leader within their current organisation looking for a new challenge within an entrepreneurial and progressive firm
- Demonstrate a clear following/network of contacts or clear evidence of developed and nurtured relationships of key clients in their existing firm
- Possess an excellent technical knowledge, with a sharp eye for detail
- Demonstrable track record of success with regular and timely career progression
- Ability to develop new business relationships, and experience of winning and delivering commercial work credibly
- Strong relationship builder with appropriate gravitas and professionalism to influence at senior level
- Driven and entrepreneurial in spirit, looking for the opportunity to take the lead
- Enthusiastic and committed to making a difference
- Of appropriate experience level to be able to help lead the firm well into the future
Livingston James is an equal opportunities advocate and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.