Livingston James is delighted to support fellow employee-owned business, Mediascape, as it looks to appoint a Sales Director in Glasgow.
Founded in December 2003 by Angus Knight and Shona Knight, Mediascape initially operated from portacabins with a focus on providing expert audio-visual solutions through collaborative partnerships with clients. Rapidly gaining a reputation for excellent service, the company relocated to Port Dundas in 2006. By 2017, Mediascape had experienced substantial growth in revenue, clients, profits, and staff. Seeking a succession plan that valued employee contributions and maintained the company’s commitment to innovation and customer service, Angus & Shona opted for an Employee Ownership Trust in 2018. With every team member now having a stake, Mediascape assures customers of a future where everyone is personally invested in the business, prioritising client relationships and delivering top-notch products and services.
The newly appointed Sales Director will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and will be appointed directly on the Board. The successful professional will play a crucial role in the growth of the business as it moves into its next chapter of growth. They will be tasked with a wide variety of engaging tasks which are listed below:
- Continue to develop and nurture the positive working culture at Mediascape
- Further develop and take the lead in the sales strategy to allow for further business growth
- Design and implement effective lean processes to professionalise the business further
- Proactively look at different geographies and market segments for growth opportunities
- Create deep and meaningful relationships within target industries
- Further commercialise the current customer portfolio and evolve the process of engagement with current and future customers
- Take accountability for validation and improvement of the existing CRM processes
- Engage across the business ensuring clear and concise communication between functions
- Inspire and develop the sales team
Key Candidate Requirements:
- Ambitious individual ideally holding a senior-level role and has a demonstrable track record of growing profitability, ideally demonstrating geographic and client growth
- Proven sales director with the ability to drive the sales process from inception to close
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organisation, including direct reports and Director level stakeholders
- Demonstrable track record and experience in new market strategies, client acquisition and diversification and general scaling of a business to achieve business objectives
- Experienced in meeting or exceeding targets, proven sales pipeline creation, relationship building and closing experience
- Ability to establish the appropriate infrastructure including processes and systems to allow for effective / synergised sales and marketing to ensure long-term growth opportunities
- Experienced in establishing a sales culture, and inspiring and motivating resources to hit objectives
- Ability to take the next generation on a journey, helping them to develop their capabilities
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
The successful professional will be commercially astute, an innovative and strategic thinker and possess a wealth of people leadership skills. They must be inspiring to those around them, focused on driving positive change and adaptive to their environment.
For more information please review the online Position Profile below and contact Sophie Randles at [email protected]
Livingston James is an equal opportunities advocate and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.