The Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) are the regulator for the social work, social care and children and young people workforce in Scotland.
Our vision is that the people of Scotland can count on social work, social care and children and young people services being delivered by a trusted, skilled valued and confident workforce. Through our work, we protect people using these services and strengthen the professionalism of this workforce.
As our new Head of Finance, you will provide leadership and operational management to ensure the finance team provides a professional and customer-focussed service that is aligned with business strategies and organisation values and ultimately supports the achievement of SSSC’s aims and strategic outcomes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all month-end activities, including reconciliations, are undertaken correctly and on time
- Supporting the strategic decision-making process through the provision of timely and accurate budget monitoring reports
- Present financial information and analysis, including budget under/over spend, at monthly Executive Management Team meetings
- Provide strategic advice as required/requested to CEO and EMT and recommend actions when necessary
- Leading the annual budget process (objective-based) whilst also supporting the CEO to ensure the SSSC budget is accounted for and monitored consistently and accurately
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts, including liaison with external auditors
- Embedding a continuous improvement focus incorporating both systems and process development
A qualified accountant with relevant experience managing a finance team you will bring direct knowledge and experience encompassing both financial and management accounting activities. With an excellent track record in financial reporting and forecasting including the preparation of monthly reports and annual statutory accounts, the successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of financial governance and risk management as well as technical knowledge and understanding of relevant accounting standards.
For more information on this role please review the full role profile below or contact Douglas Adam via [email protected]
NB: SSSC embraces agile working and whilst their headquarters are in Dundee, they encourage remote working and support a less office-based format. The successful candidate would be expected to travel to Dundee in line with business needs, but it is anticipated this would be c3-4 times a month.
SSSC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.