Finance Director, Edinburgh
Livingston James’ client has been established with the ambition of becoming one of the UK’s leading renewable energy businesses. The business is at the forefront of meeting the climate challenge as they look to develop projects that will make a real impact on the UK energy mix. The company’s mission is to deliver green energy generation and infrastructure that benefits local communities and society as a whole.
Our client’s strategy has significantly evolved and matured since their inception, and in preparation for a large capital event, the business is looking to invest in the recruitment of a senior management team to take ownership of the day to day running of the business as the Investors look to rotate back into the investment platform. Following the successful appointment of their Managing Director, we are now looking to recruit a Finance Director to be based at their HQ in Edinburgh.
The Finance Director is a member of the senior management team, attends Board meetings and must provide leadership beyond his/her functional responsibility. In particular, the job holder provides expert guidance to the Managing Director and Executive team and is a major contributor to the development and implementation of the firm’s strategic plans. This is a key role in optimising total business performance and company value.
Provide a comprehensive, best-in-class finance service to the business including:
- Expert insight into the key drivers of the “numbers”
- Rigorous analysis of financial performance vs. operational excellence
- Decision support and investment appraisal
- Enabler of growth and protector of the business
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, Senior Executives, Non-Executives and external investors
- Provide leadership of the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, optimising the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- Take overall accountability for the success of the company’s accounting function, including all management/financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting activities
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Ongoing development of the monthly board pack including the preparation and presentation of financial information, value-added commentary, KPIs and analysis to help the board understand better and improve the performance of the business
- Work in partnership with the Managing Director on all corporate finance and acquisition activity including the management of capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, etc.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, suppliers, bankers, lawyers and investors
- Working with lenders to manage covenants and ensure a positive relationship
- Work closely with technical and development teams to ensure costings, tenders and terms are acceptable
- Responsibility for the company cash management policies and performance
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Ensure appropriate financial controls and safeguards are in place
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant accounting standards, regulatory requirements and company accounting policies, procedures and standards
- Management of corporation tax, payroll (various jurisdictions in time), VAT, international sales taxes, R&D claims, etc. in conjunction with external advisors
- Ensure training and development plans and succession plans are in place and delivered
- Identify high potential colleagues and proactively seek opportunities to accelerate their development
To discuss the opportunity in detail please contact Sophie Randles, Director – Private Equity at Livingston James on 07432480922 or [email protected]