Livingston James is delighted to be retained by the newly formed D2Zero, as it looks to appoint a Group Financial Controller based in Aberdeen.
In January 2024, SCF Partners proudly unveiled D2Zero, a revolutionary platform dedicated to spearheading decarbonisation and clean energy solutions. By amalgamating the expertise of five esteemed UK portfolio companies, D2Zero emerges as a powerhouse in engineering and operations support services for critical energy infrastructure.
D2Zero’s mission is crystal clear: to assist customers across diverse industries in achieving their decarbonisation and net zero objectives. With each constituent company bringing its own set of specialized technologies and capabilities to the table, D2Zero is uniquely positioned to drive decarbonisation efforts while also nurturing the development of emerging energy sources. At its core, D2Zero represents a commitment to accelerating progress towards a carbon-neutral future. With revenues exceeding £500 million and a dedicated workforce of 4,000 individuals, D2Zero is poised to make a significant impact on the global stage.
Driven by SCF’s unwavering belief in the imperative to reduce emissions, D2Zero’s activities are geared towards maintaining and decarbonising traditional energy sources, as well as supporting the growth of transitional energy sources and infrastructure. Through relentless innovation and investment, D2Zero aims to deliver breakthrough solutions that will shape the future of energy. In essence, D2Zero isn’t just a company—it’s a catalyst for change. With a steadfast commitment to sustainability and innovation, D2Zero is leading the charge towards a greener, more sustainable future for generations to come.
Working with the CFO, the primary responsibilities include:
- Form a close and positive working relationship with the CFO, Board of Directors and the Senior Management Teams of the companies within the Group
- Creation and management of the group accounting function, ensuring consistent delivery on business objectives and developing a culture of continuous improvement
- Support the CFO on the development of company strategy across all areas of the Group, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Report accurately on the performance of all the companies across the D2Zero Group
- Ensure that company financial systems and processes are robust, efficient and compliant, and support current activities and future growth
- Ongoing development of periodic reporting, including the monthly board pack, preparation and presentation of financial information, value-added commentary, KPIs and analysis to help the recipients better understand performance of the portfolio
- Form opinion and evaluate impact of technical matters and recommend appropriate policies to senior management and the audit committee
- Planning, overseeing and reviewing the preparation of monthly consolidated accounts and reports to the Board of Directors
- Provide financial support for any corporate activity, e.g. acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures as well as providing ongoing reviews of these including assessing returns
- Provide financial support and modelling capability for capital and growth projects as well as post investment reviews and assessment of returns
- Ensure the presence of robust financial controls and risk management frameworks
- Work with the CFO on company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, as appropriate
- Provide analysis and reporting to ensure the Group remains within all its funding obligations and covenants
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including bankers, advisors and investors
- Conducting feasibility studies on any company projects and involvement in both their monitoring and, where appropriate, implementation
Key Candidate Requirements:
- An experienced and qualified finance professional with a proven track record of success within a similar, challenging role
- A dynamic, driven and proactive individual who thrives in a fast-paced, international business environment
- Experienced in working with a Board, building their confidence in the reporting, financial systems, processes, and controls
- Well-developed commercial acumen gained in a complex commercial environment working with both financial and non-financial stakeholders
- A strong relationship builder who will challenge and collaborate internally and externally
- Extremely strong technical accounting skills, especially in relation to group consolidation, and fully up to date with all current legislation
- The ability to input strong controls and systems across the group function and automate where appropriate to create better efficiencies
- Experience of operating in a high-growth, private equity business would be highly advantageous but not essential
- A positive fit with the D2Zero culture, demonstrating excellent people skills and high levels of engagement and energy
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please reach out to Mark Lewis at [email protected] or see the full position profile below for full details.